Readmit, Special, Visiting & Dual Enrollment Students


Students whose enrollment has been discontinued for a year or more who are seeking re-admission to the University must complete a formal application through the Office of Admissions. They must be given clearance by the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar, and Student Development and Services before being considered for re-admission.

Admission of Special Students

Special students at Methodist University are defined as non-degree seeking students who enroll in courses on a one-time or intermittent basis for reasons including personal enrichment, professional development, or completion of graduate school prerequisites. Special students can be separated into two groups: those who have completed a bachelor’s degree and those who have not. Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree must submit an application for admission as a special student and an official transcript from the degree granting institution as proof of graduation to be admitted as a special student. Students who have not completed a bachelor’s degree must submit an application for admission as a special student and an official high school transcript or GED results to be admitted. Special students will be allowed to register for up to 30 semester hours before being required to apply as degree-seeking, regular students and meet all admissions requirements. Special student enrollment is subject to the availability of space in the desired course(s). Special students wishing to enroll in a course with prerequisite requirements must be able to show successful completion of those prerequisites through provision of official college transcript(s). Special students may not live on campus or participate in intercollegiate athletics. Financial assistance and veteran’s benefits may be available for some special students but are not guaranteed.

Visiting Students

An applicant seeking admission as a visiting student must complete an application for admission as a visiting student and have a letter of permission from his or her resident college forwarded to the Admissions Office.

High School Dual Enrollment

High school-age students who possess outstanding academic potential and who would benefit by attending Methodist University may do so under the following circumstances:

  1. The student should be at least 16 years of age and classified as a junior based on high school courses completed.
  2. High school-age students may attend Methodist University on a space-available basis. The schedule of courses to be taken must be approved by Provost.
  3. Interested students must submit an application as a special student to the Office of Admissions.
  4. The applicant may be required to submit a letter from his/her guidance counselor or home school administrator.

Transfer Partners Dual Enrollment

Students may take two campus courses, up to 8 credits, at Methodist while completing their associate’s degree at a community college partner school at the current tuition rate at the community college. See the Transfer Partners Program for more information.