The Department of Art presents high-quality art and design exhibitions, lectures, and other programming through its two galleries, as a means to educate and inspire our academic community and surrounding community at large. With a strong focus on serving and augmenting the Art, Graphic Design, and Art History curricula, we offer a broad range of discourse about the visual arts as a part of a culturally diverse and well-rounded academic experience.
The galleries present rotating art exhibitions with concurrent events throughout the year. They showcase the work of student and professional artists.
- To provide continued support for the artists of the Methodist University community, including students, faculty, and alumni, by giving opportunities to exhibit and discuss their work.
- To provide our Art students and the University and civic communities educational opportunities to view the aesthetic richness of other cultures in the context of our liberal arts tradition.
- To provide the Cumberland County community with an opportunity to view and dialogue with challenging art objects, artists, and ideas from a cross-section of contemporary culture, encouraging thoughtful evaluation rather than blind acceptance or rejection of our contemporaries active in the arts.
- David McCune International Art Gallery
- Union-Zukowski Lobby & Gallery
Gallery exhibitions are free and open to the public.