The Methodist University PA Program requires three letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be from the following individuals:
- A professor or advisor within the science department of your university
- Medical personnel with whom you have worked with in a clinical setting (i.e physician assistant, physician, supervising nurse, etc.). If you are shadowing a PA, Physician, or NP they must write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Additional professional employer. If not applicable, you may submit an additional letter from another professor or medical co-worker/ supervisor.
Individuals asked to write letters should be able to thoroughly evaluate and elaborate in detail the following criteria:
- Intellectual Ability
- Written Communication Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Emotional Maturity
- Team Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Skills
- Awareness of Limitations
- Reaction to Criticism
- Patient Interaction