Registrar’s Office: Frequently Asked Questions

Emily Bledsoe on Graduation Day

Where is the Registrar’s Office located?

We are located in the Horner Administration Building. Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

  • Phone: (910) 630-7037 / 7033 / 7035
  • Fax: (910) 630-7410
  • Mailing Address:
    Methodist University: Registrar’s Office
    5400 Ramsey St.
    Fayetteville, NC 28311

How do I request an official transcript?

We have retained Parchment to accept transcript orders online. It is eco-friendly, has the quickest delivery time, and provides you with the most visibility to the status of your request in the process. A link is available under Forms on the myMU Portal.

How do I obtain an Enrollment Verification (proof of full-time status)?

Log into your myMU portal and select the “Registration” tab. Click on “Enrollment Verification” to download your personalized letter.

How do I change my major and/or minor?

Please contact your Academic Advisor.

How do I change my Advisor?

Please contact your current Academic Advisor.

How do I change my catalogue year?

Please stop by the Registrar’s Office to pick up the required form.

How do I calculate My Grade Point Average (GPA)?

The GPA is calculated by dividing the total number of quality points by the total number of hours attempted. A student’s GPA is based only on course work taken at Methodist University. A GPA calculator and current term projection is available through your myMU portal. Please click on the “Registration” tab and then select “GPA Projection.”

What is FERPA?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. Please see our Policies page for more information. (A release form is available in the Registrar’s Office).

Where can I find information about academic probation and suspension policies?

Please see our current academic catalogue for more information.

How Do I drop a course after the drop/add period has ended?

Students who want to withdraw from a course, need to pick up a drop/add form from the Registrar’s Office, get the advisor’s signature, and then return the form the Registrar’s Office.