Transfer Credit

Methodist University generally accepts credits for courses completed with a grade of C or higher from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education.

How Can I Find Out Which Courses Transfer to Methodist?

Transferology is a tool you can use to see how coursework from other colleges and universities typically transfers to Methodist University. The list of courses in Transferology is not comprehensive; we are continually updating Transferology with more courses and institutions. The information in Transferology is provided only as a guide. An official course-by-course evaluation of your specific transfer credit will be completed when you are admitted to Methodist. Students may also use Transferology to request more information about Methodist University, view majors available at Methodist, and request an appointment with an Admissions Counselor at Methodist.

How Do I Use Transferology?

  • Begin by creating your free Transferology account.
  • On the “Will My Courses Transfer” page under “Courses” enter in the information for the college or university where you received your current credits. Select the term and year you took those courses and then search for your courses by academic department.
  • You will see a list of your current courses in the “My Courses” section on the right side of the screen, click “Search for Matches” to see how your courses will transfer to Methodist University.
  • Can’t Find Your Course in Transferology? We transfer some courses that are not yet listed in Transferology. If you cannot find a course, it just means we have not evaluated it yet. We may reach out for the syllabus of courses we have not evaluated in the past. Once you are admitted, we will evaluate all your courses and let you know how they apply to your degree requirements.

What is the Maximum Number of Credits That Will Transfer?

The maximum number of credits from all sources combined is 93 s.h. We will award transfer credit for as many courses as possible toward your degree. Please see the current Academic Catalogue to view the specific policy in more detail.

What is Transfer Evaluation System (TES)?

TES is great tool for current students who want to take courses at other institutions and transfer them back to Methodist University. The information provided in this system is meant to be used as a guide. Students should always consult with their academic advisor and submit a request for a visiting student letter prior to taking courses at another institution.

TES provides information to prospective students who want to find out how their courses may transfer to Methodist University; however, this comprehensive database does not guarantee that all courses are listed. Prospective students should utilize Transferology to request evaluations of missing course equivalencies, view majors available at Methodist, and request an appointment with an Admissions Counselor at Methodist.

Course equivalences provided through TES are subject to change as institutions and updated courses are frequently added and amended.

North Carolina Community College Articulation Agreement

The Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (ICAA) between the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) and the Signatory Institutions of North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) is intended to provide smooth transfer for community college students who wish to continue their education at an NCICU Signatory Institution.  The ultimate goal of this agreement is the seamless articulation from the community college to the NCICU institution with minimal loss of credit or repetition of work.

In response to the North Carolina Community Colleges’ request for Comprehensive Articulation Agreement, Methodist University agrees to transfer these courses. All transfer credit must comply with the policies outlined in the Methodist University academic catalogue. A maximum of 64 semester hours of course work will be accepted from two-year post-secondary institutions. Course grades of less than C will not be accepted.

North Carolina Community Colleges Teacher Education/Educator Preparation Uniform Articulation Agreement

Students at North Carolina’s community colleges who aspire to become teachers can now seamlessly transfer to one of a number of private colleges in the state to complete a bachelor’s degree in education.

The agreement is an extension of the Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement that was signed by the two sectors in mid 1990s and will provide a progression degree plan that includes required general education and prerequisite courses that are acceptable to all signatory programs.

The NCICU Board approved the agreement on Oct 20, 2020, and the State Board of Community Colleges approved it on Nov. 20, 2020. The agreement is effective with the 2020 fall semester.

Currently, 32 community colleges offer the Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation and the Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation and are participating in the agreement.

More Information on Transfer Credits