Congratulations on receiving your endowed scholarship(s). As a scholarship recipient, we ask that you take a few minutes to thank the donors that make these scholarships possible. A thank you note needs to be written for each scholarship you are receiving. rmission to sign your name and forward your letter onto the appropriate scholarship contacts.
How to Write a Thank You Letter
Scholarship donors are generous and caring people who unselfishly give to support the educational endeavors of students like you. A well written thank you letter from a student is always special and lets the donor know that his or her scholarship was greatly appreciated. Your letter reminds them why they gave in the first place and often helps secure continuing gifts for future students.
- Your letter may be typed or handwritten. If you choose to hand write it, be sure to write legibly and use nice stationary or a note card (lined notebook paper is not acceptable).
- Include all of the elements of a letter: your name and address, date, salutation “Dear representative of the (complete name of scholarship)”, body, and closing.
- Thank the donor for his or her generosity in providing this scholarship (include the complete scholarship name). Tell the donor how this scholarship has made a difference in your education.
- Tell the donor a bit about yourself. You might include your hometown, high school, and reasons for choosing Methodist University. If you are the first person in your family to attend college, include that information.
- Describe your experience at MU. Include your class year, major, GPA, campus and community activities.
- Discuss your future plans. You might include what you hope to accomplish while at MU, expected graduation date and career goals.
- Again, express your gratitude for the scholarship. Tell your donor what this scholarship means to you.
- Check all spelling and grammar after you have completed your letter.
We strongly encourage you to write a HANDWRITTEN NOTE and return it or mail it to the Office of Financial Aid at 5400 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC, 28311. However, if you are unable to do so, please fill out the form below and type your letter in the text box. Once you have typed your letter, click “submit.” By clicking “submit,” you are giving the Office of Financial Aid permission to sign your name and forward your letter onto the appropriate scholarship contacts.
If Methodist University does not receive your thank you letter(s) by September 15th for fall scholarships or February 15th for spring scholarships, you will NOT receive the scholarship(s).
**This page is for letter submissions only. Please do not submit any questions or information other than what is asked for below. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (910) 630-7192 or (910) 630-7193.