Are you looking to get involved on campus? Are you looking for a way to meet new friends? Do you want to make an impact on your community? Well, look no more, visit the Student Involvement Center today! We are here to help you find your “one thing”. If it’s an intramural sports team, a fraternity or sorority, or an Academic Honor Society, the Office of Student Involvement is the central gateway for student life involvement outside of the classroom. The great Alexander Astin stated that “Students learn more and more when they are involved in both academic and social aspects of the collegiate experience.”
The mission of the Student Involvement Center is to provide meaningful, high quality out-of-class opportunities through programs and experiences that foster student leadership and leadership development, participation in student clubs and organizations, assist with the development of a healthy active lifestyle, and create involvement and service opportunities at Methodist University and in the greater community.
What does it mean to “be involved” on campus?
Methodist University offers many opportunities for involvement through a wide range of activities, including:
- More than 140 Student Clubs and Organizations
- Academic Honor Societies
- Religious faith based Clubs and Organizations
- Student Government Association
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Intramural Sports Teams
- Campus Recreation/Outdoor Adventure
- On-campus Work-study Employment
- Residence Life Involvement
- Community Engagement
- Peer Mentoring
- Performing Arts
- Entertainment…and much more!
How can the Student Involvement Center help you?
Here are a few things we can do for you:
- Set you up with an Involvement Counselor to help you find what is the best fit for you
- Provide for you personality strengths test, to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Provide leadership training for all student leaders across campus
- Provide a Student Monthly Newsletter for Involvement, including all campus calendar of events
- Provide for you involvement opportunities throughout on campus and the off campus community
- Provide for you a learning environment outside of the classroom